Only enespa can:
produce high-quality oil from mixed waste plastic
Today, there is an island of plastic floating in the world’s oceans that is four times bigger than Germany. Then there is all the waste from industry, trade and commerce. Enespa converts this mixed waste back into a valuable resource. With our recycling system, we are the only supplier on the global market that processes mixed plastic waste without producing CO2 into high-quality paraffin oil – which can even be used in white plastic products. We have the technologies of the future and are implementing our modular systems for our customers from business and industry, as well as for municipal institutions.
Mixed plastic waste is almost always incinerated or stored in the open. Because our planet is a self-contained, interrelated system, this waste inevitably ends up back in nature and, as a result, also in the human body. The quantities of plastic are enormous and the effects on the environment are catastrophic.
The design of the modular thermolysis systems developed by our engineers works on a holistic and sustainable level and fully reflects the spirit of Green Technology. We turn plastic waste into a valuable raw material that can be returned to the cycle. In our thermolysis process, 90% of the chemical energy from the plastic waste is retained.
The result is high-quality, low-sulphur paraffin oil.
The first economical recycling system for mixed plastic waste or plastic waste
The biggest challenge in processing mixed plastic waste by thermolysis is pre-sorting. There is a large, dedicated global market for PET and PVC, meaning that there are only small quantities in our input material. This means that the humidity and size of the waste pieces must fall within a certain tolerance range. The input material from our suppliers is checked and meets these requirements. This means that with our thermolysis process, we convert the mixed plastic waste into high-quality paraffin oil, which is worth more than crude oil. The paraffin oil is produced in a closed production cycle. We keep the transport routes short and use the gases produced during thermolysis to run the power generator. The entire process is CO2-neutral.
- Except for the running of the power generator, our process is CO2-neutral and epitomises modern zero waste production.
- The systems can be operated in a decentralised and modular manner around the clock and are, therefore, particularly economical.
- We produce valuable product oil, the composition of which can be controlled by the condensation process. A downstream distillation process produces a range of fractions.
- Due to our modular set-up, we can continue producing with the other modules while one module is undergoing maintenance. The efficiency of the facility is 89%.
- In Aalen, we operate one site for research and development and one site for the production of the equipment.
- An additional recycling yard will soon be built on site, where we will convert environmentally harmful waste into a high-quality raw material again. The daily capacity is 10 tonnes.
- Thanks to the pooling of all of our skills, we always have the requisite expertise available in-house.
- This makes us fast, independent and flexible, so we can be there if the equipment needs to be repaired at one of our customers’ sites.
- Recycling companies, refineries, large corporations and distributors, municipalities and institutions, politicians, research companies and environmental technology companies, environmental associations and organisations, as well as property managers or owners and investors.
- More and more customers from business, industry and municipal institutions are relying on the enespa thermolysis process.
- With the help of our certified process, they can implement their economic goals in line with the sustainability goals now established throughout Europe.
- With our enespa Green Tech solutions, you have the opportunity to be part of a future market.
- The principle of the circular economy is based on energy efficiency and its focus is on sustainability.
- You will profit from working with us – whether you are a large corporation, a manufacturer, a trade distributor who recycles plastic waste or a research company or investor, who wants to benefit from our expertise.
Authorities and permits –
a green light for green technologies
The licensing process for industrial recycling facilities is often time-consuming, because auditing the processes is complex. Only when all of the official requirements have been properly met and the permits are obtained can waste products be recycled as so-called secondary raw materials within the framework of a sustainable circular economy. As experts in recycling, we can also support you with our know-how when it comes to explaining and reviewing regulatory issues.